The very talented and kind Elizabeth at Pine Cones and Acorns has honored me and four other marvelous blogs with the Blog On Fire award!! THANK YOU ELIZABETH! For those of you who are not familiar with Elizabeth's blog, her place is like a cozy visit to a dear friend. She is a gifted writer, an extraordinary baker, a francophile, a bibliophile, art lover, and one of the kindest friends you will meet in blogland! I am humbled and honored....
Please click HERE for a little something I dedicate to dear Elizabeth!
And now, for the rules:
Tell five facts about yourself, and present the award to five other blogs!
So, here goes...
1. I adore all things French, and have been learning the language since the tender age of ten. I don't know why, (like Elizabeth says, a past life??), but it was just calling to me. I remember going to the library and checking out the language learning tapes. Since then, France has been an all-consuming obsession. I have made six trips so far, but I do hope to go back soon!!
2. I love water. I love it so much that I have had fantasies of living on a houseboat! (Hello Dianne!) Yet I am terrified of swimming. Go figure. To try to conquer my fear, I received Scuba Diving certification. In a pool. Did not have the guts to make it into open water. So my final "certification" remains on hold until that dreaded lake dive!
3. My dream job would be in the field of performing arts. I come from a family of musicians, and grew up attending countless rehearsals and performances. Sadly, I did not pursue this in college. I am now kicking myself. Perhaps community theater?
4. I love to entertain! Whether it is a holiday, tea time, birthday, dinner party...making friends and family feel welcome and loved is one of my passions. The Silver Palate cookbooks have not left my side since my early teen years! I wanted to learn from the best ;)
5. I love to belly dance!! I took classes many years ago, but I still practice, and would someday like to teach!
And the Blog On Fire Award goes to these wonderful people...
The fascinating and lovely Jane and Lance will keep you entertained and informed about the most interesting of subjects. Beautiful, historic architecture, great art, their intriguing travels...they write brilliantly about all this and more. And what kind and dear people they are! I look forward to every post with great anticipation...
The unique and talented Jennelise always has something beautiful up her sleeve. Not only is she a wonderful photographer, but she is a very gifted illustrator! Her work is effervescent and enchanting, and I cannot wait until she opens her Etsy shop...
The incredibly talented and creative Penny at Angelsdoor is such a kind soul! She makes the most darling figurative sculptures..they take my breath away. Visit Penny, and your day will be brightened by her touch of magic! She is a very gifted relief artist and painter as well.
Ok, just the name of this blog speaks to me so! But you really must experience the beauty that is found in this most magical place. Dawne is an extraordinary photographer. Her altered images will transport you to a world of dreams and French fantasy. Just beautiful, beautiful work! Lovely Dawne and her husband also take groups to France for "image making adventures"!! Doesn't that sound exciting?
Genie is an amazing photographer. Her perspective is brilliant, and her daily images of Parisian life are delicious. She is kind and generous, and visiting her takes me to my favorite city (every day!) without leaving my computer. I adore her blog!
Please visit these wonderful blogs when you have a chance!!
(Sorry for the different fonts, Blogger is acting up again)